Operational Plant Manager Caffe Inc.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsCaffe Inc.
Hello, we are Caffe Inc. We believe that no resource should go to waste. We have developed a 100% circular solution in which coffee waste is completely re-used. Our ultimate goal is to become the world's largest biorefinery for coffee waste. The coffee waste is used as resource to recover beautiful ingredients that fit the conscious lifestyle. We mainly produce coffee oil for the personal care industry, and also offer coffee blocks for the biobased materials industry. We also have an R&D pipeline that includes innovative Coffee colorants. As such we create value instead of burden, from the grounds up!
We are entering an exciting phase in which we have started production at pilot scale to recover coffee ingredients and so we are expanding our team. Are you ready to join the coffee revolution and make a change for the better?
Caffe Inc. is looking for an experienced Operational Plant Manager that will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our coffee ingredients and ensure that these ingredients are of market acceptable quality. In addition, the process operator is responsible for ensuring that regulations required at the production plant are up to date. Lastly, he or she will be responsible for the logistics processes involved in the Caffe Inc production plant.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer who is practical and hands-on. The Operational Plant Manager should have experience in working at food processing industry. Daily presence at the production plant located in Amsterdam is required.
- Day to day processing of coffee waste into oil and blocks.
- Production prioritizing, planning and control.
- Maintenance of equipment.
- Ensuring market acceptable quality of the coffee ingredients.
- Managing the logistics of the production plant.
- Running inspection rounds from a technical, environmental and GMP+ point of view.
- Process optimization.
- Ensuring that all regulations required at the production plant are up to date.
- Implementing and safeguarding matters relating to safety, health, environment and quality [SHE].
- Identifying and implementing Hazard Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Supervising the Operators.
- Responsible for utilities and supporting systems.
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
Are you excited about the role? We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- You are a process engineer, chemical engineer or similar.
- You have demonstrable experience [+2 years] in working at production in the food industry.
- You are hands-on and know your way with using and maintaining machinery commonly used in chemical and mechanical processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with GMP+ production
- You are creative and have experience/affinity in optimizing and scaling up processes.
- You recognize production and product deviations.
- You have affinity with a start-up environment.
- Forklift and BHV certificate, or willingness to obtain this.
- Circular economy and/or sustainability are issues close to your heart.
- You are a team player and are keen to taking the lead at production.
- You can work independently, accurate and have a great sense of responsibility.
- Language: English good, Dutch is a plus.
What we offer?
- An exciting role within our ambitious company to turn coffee waste into coffee resources.
The opportunity to be part of an innovative team.
Make your own mark on the company.
- We offer a market conform salary, depending on experience.
Enthusiastic? Does the profile and responsibilities fit you well? Then please apply no later than March 19th, 2023.
In case of a match, please keep in mind that we expect you to be available on the following dates for interviews:
20th of March: first round of interviews
24th of March: second round of interviews
- Starting date preferably 1st of April 2023